Thursday, June 28, 2012

Roses and more!

I thought I had better show you what I have been doing lately- it takes me so long to blog especially take the photos etc so it has been a while since Ive posted anything before today!
I came across this blog just last week and the flowers that the girls make are fantastic! I bought a couple of the tutorials & couldnt wait to go to Dubbo and get the florist wire and tape so I just used strips of old olive to wrap around a bamboo skewer (its not the best but I couldnt wait to try it!)

When I got the wire etc I stuffed the rose & didnt realise until after i had glued them in!


I put the outer petals on back the front! It still looks beautiful- even the hubby was impressed when I put it in a vase on the table! Im working on the spring bouquet at the moment but in the meantime pop over to http://diaryoftwocraftygirls.blogspot.com/ and check out their work!
I also saw this cute little 3D apple there & this neat gingham check technique!


When I was convention, I saw Vanessa Webb use shimmer paint to make a mother of pearl look which I have tried before but I have never tried a bag-a-lope which is what she had decorated for her WOW technique. Here is my first bag-a-lope they are so cute, I think you might see a few more of these!

You can really see the shimmer in this photo!
Just a little reminder about the reason to smile promotion- it ends on Saturday I hadnt even used this stamp until yesterday Ive just been looking at it thinking Ill use that tomorrow & I just dont get around to it- and its just such a nice set!
Here is just a super quick card to christen it!
Its hard to see but I used the designer frames as a border for the flower.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristy, that flower is extremely impressive!! Good to see some more of your work — great pearl effect!
    Love Shell

    ReplyDelete