Thursday, June 28, 2012

Convention Swaps

Here are the two designs I made to take to convention that was held in Canberra. It was my first Stampin' Up! convention and it was fantastic! I thought i would have a hard time trying to convince the hubby to go to the next one (Brisbane) but he actually said yes without having to think about it too much! The joys of him living in the area years before and still having mates there to vist with the kids while Im out all day and night playing!!!!
This was my first design. I was fussy cutting leaves and flowers all the way to Sydney and back for our Easter holidays! Because this took so long to do I thought Id make a more simple one...

....a one layer design! This one wasnt as quick as I thought it would be- by the time I coloured the image in with stampin' write markers and thencoloured those in with the matching ink and blender pen! But I really love how it turned out. I took my inspiration from my mother daughter handbags with the image and colours.
Before I left for convention I had a "catch up techniques" class and one of the designs used the hand drawn border so I thought that would be the perfect way to finish off the cards!

Stamps: "Bordering on Romance", "Short and Sweet", "Fabulous Florets", Sincere Salutations"
Ink: Island indigo, pear pizzazz, blushing bride, riding hood red, baja breeze, lucky limeade, calypso coral, whipser white
Paper: whisper white, shimmer white, lucky limeade, calypso coral
Accessories: Big shot, framelits, heat gun, clear embossing powder, dimensionals, aqua painter, blender pen, ruler

No comments:

Post a Comment