Thursday, June 28, 2012

Occasions Workshop

I have just had my occasions workshop this month. We made a wedding, sympathy, male and female birthday cards and either a boy, girl or a netural gender baby card.
Here is the female birthday card- these pansys are different every time! I thought I might show the girls how to make these since they were all impressed by the flower pot card!

Here is the male card. I showed them the spotlight technique at the same time! I had two options for them- in case they wanted to make it into a thank you (you just never know when you will need a thank you for a male!) or with the modern label punch and word window punch they were able to make it into a birthday card!
Again I had two options for them- the top one is hard to see but I used the simply scored tool to score a double border all the way around the card (I saw that done at convention &thought it was such a neat way to dress up a card). The other one just has the hand drawn border on it- I actually gave away my original to one of my ladies after there was a little accident!

I have been hoarding away this designer paper (the Mocha Morning Specialty) and thought I had better use it before it is retired! It is just so pretty, it feels so nice! My original design is on the bottom (it fell on an open ink pad- oops) but I thought I would pull out an oldie if my ladies wanted a more fancy script (top card).
Finally, the baby cards- I LOVE this pleated ribbon- I would have it in every colour if I could!!


Stamps: "Baby Bundle", "Love & Laughter", "Well Scripted" (retired), "Forever Young", "Loving Thoughts", "Packed for Dad", "Sincere Salutations"
Ink: baja breeze, not quite navy, perfect plum, pear pizzazz, crumb cake, blushing bride, basic black, riding hood red, old olive, soft suede, basic gray, elegant eggplant, island indigo, always artichoke
Paper: whisper white, baja breeze, not quite navy, pear pizzazz, perfect plum, crumb cake, blushing bride, riding hood red, very vanilla, shimmer white, basic gray, island indigo, Twitterpated DSP, Mocha Morning specialty DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, framelits, ovals die, itty bitty punches, dotted scallop border punch, butterfly punch, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, baja breeze, pear pizzazz, blushing bride & riding hood red pleated ribbon, many thanks sizlit, blender pen, clear rhinestone brads, crochet thread, polka dots embossing folder, simply scored tool, heart punch, sponges, dimensionals,

1 comment:

  1. WOW Kristy, you HAVE been busy. So much to read and see here tonight!!

    Would you believe I have also been making flowers? Ever since I bought the large punch from you I have made heaps...different versions using the same punch. Then I also ventured into making roses but not for vases, I make them small enough to go on my cards. I have made so many that I am becoming quite fast at it. I also taught my two little nieces to make them and they loved it.

    Thanks for such a great Blog.
    Blessings ... Von

    ReplyDelete