Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day class

This was our Mothers Day class that we had earlier this month. I had been working on this design for some time and had asked my ladies what kind of cards would they like to put inside a little box.... they said fancy and a mixture of the rose card from the fancy class and the re inker spread technique which was perfect as I had been planning on using the "Secret Garden" set- it even has matching framelits so no more fussy cutting!


I had been playing around with making a suitcase and started off with making one out of plain white card until I got the style and measurements right.

It is based on the old "Globight" bags that we had as kids! I played around with a couple of clasp ideas- I was planning on using velcro but by using just punches and brads it seemed to hold closed OK. It holds all four cards with envelopes.

The cards are all the same- pink pirouette and crumb cake with shimmer white. All of the flowers and leaves are stamped on shimmer white- Ive found that it works best for water colouring, plus it has a beautiful sparkle!

We used the paper piercing pack to pierce around the window framelit. I usually give my ladies a special little something when its near Christmas and I thought since its Mothers day I would make them each a bow maker to use on the day and take home. Tying a double bow like this on a bow maker is so much easier then trying to do it around your fingers!!

The four cards were all blank so they could be used for any occasion- the plan was to be able to give this as a gift but I think every one of my customers are keeping them! After I glued the DSP onto the lace ribbon I decided I should have put it on top so all of the ones we made in the classes the ribbon is on top of the DSP just like on the easel card.

This is the Mothers day card we made to co-ordinate with the set. I wanted to make it that extra special and so I made it into an easel card.

It is the same layout as the others but we added the scallop tulle along the bottom and stitched it in place with the sewing machine.

This is what it looks like opened but in the class we actually had a layer of shimmer white on top of the pink- it just makes it a little easier to read for some plus it ties in with the front. The inside of the cards looked like this with the lace ribbon minus the button. The button helps hold the card open! Of course there is crochet thread wrapped around and tied in a little bow!

The stamp sets used were "Secret Garden" and "Wonderful Mother".




No comments:

Post a Comment