Friday, May 20, 2011

Women Out West

I was recently asked to demonstrate at the Women Out West Creative Expression night. I was asked to donate a lucky door prize & teach people how to make cards! For the lucky door prize I made a stationary box that we made at a workshop about a year ago now- I just re-vamped it!! The original design came from Jacki Topa but I had changed the measurements to suit our standard size cards. Since then the Big Shot has arrived & instead of gift tags I used the scallop envelope die & made gift cards! I also made the note pad be removable by attaching it with some velcro dots. For the little pocket to hold the stamps I used the scallop envelope die again & attached it with another velcro dot!



 Sorry this ones a little blurry, I put the DSP on both sides of the scallop envelope flap & put 1/2 a velcro dot to keep it closed. For the gift cards I stamped the floral image on the outside of the envelope as well as on the card itself.
I left the large cards blank but for the love notes I did two with "thinking of you" & two with "just for you" on them.

Stamp sets: "Teeny Tiny Sentiments" ( this would have to be my favorite set at the moment & it just fits perfectly with the word window & modern label punches) & "Friends Never fade"
Ink: Baja Breeze
Paper: "Greenhouse Gala" DSP ( I LOVE this paper!!!), textured Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop Envelope die, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Word Window & Modern Label punches, 1/4" whisper white grosgrain ribbon, striped baja breeze ribbon (retired),Sticky Strip, Tombow, SNAIL, velcro dots, note pad, pen

As an extra bonus I also had in there a voucher to come to one of my workshops for free!

It was a great night & I met a lot of lovely ladies on the night.

1 comment: