Thursday, February 3, 2011

Easter Blossoms

I just love getting a box of goodies in the mail from SU! I couldn't wait until Wednesday for the post man so I went in on Tuesday & there it was! Most of it was for my valentines day workshop (there are still some places left if anyone is interested) but one of the stamp sets was this one. I thought I'd have a bit of a play - neither one came out how I wanted them too but I think they are still OK- what do you think?

Stamp Set: Easter Blossoms w $44.95 121771, c $35.95 122057
Ink: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake
Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Colour Spritzer Tool, Blender Pen, Early Espresso 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, distressing tool, pewter hodgepodge hardware (retired)

As I said this didn't turn out like I wanted- I stamped the image in Early Espresso ink & went to colour the flowers in with Daffodil Delight with the blender pen & the ink bled & that is how I ended up with the pinky flowers- I really like the colour- I might have to try that again but it probably wont work like that again!! I coloured the stem in with Crumb Cake & using the spritzer tool (first time I've used it & I've had it for almost a year!!) with a Crumb Cake stampin' write marker.
I distressed the edges of the Whisper White & Early Espresso card & with the Crumb Cake card I used the faux suede technique on it & finally attached the hardware & ribbon.

Ink: Bashful Blue, Wild wasabi, Basic Black, Whisper White
Paper: Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Accessories: Scallop Trim & Scallop Border punches, brayer

I first tried this one with a sunrise brayered background & it just didn't turn out so I thought I'd try a blue sky with clouds & green grass- not quite how it turned out!
I didn't clean the brayer properly before using the bashful blue after using perfect plum previously & that is how I ended up with a mauve sky & my first row of clouds ended up like a mountain top & that's how I ended up with distant mountains!

Don't forget that the sale-a-bration is on at the moment- for every $100 spent you get to choose 1 of 4 limited edition stamp sets. I'll be posting a few card designs in the next day or so using some of the stamps.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to get these stamps - to have a try
    The cards look great!!

    ReplyDelete